weekend pick

This weekend's pick to accompany the Friday afternoon biriyani session.
A specialty beer from a Belgian brewery. Its a little fruity, sweetish taste and slightly stronger than most beers (8%). Its a nice looking bottle with a pleasant taste and a cute label (thats the best part of it).
A bottle of La Chouffe and 2 Kingfisher left me and my cousin decently high which usually never happens with a few beers.
Its okay for a laid back lunch and I think it will marry well with seafood, but not good enough for watching a game or to quench thirst on a very Hot day. And most importantly it costs much more than the normal beers. So I don't see myself buying them anytime soon, but surely will try the other flavours...
According to their official website "LA CHOUFFE is an unfiltered blonde beer, which is re-fermented in the bottle as well as in the keg.  It is pleasantly fruity, spiced with coriander, and with a light hop taste."

Comments

Anonymous said…
Dear blogger,
I am writing to you from BBC Good Food ME magazine in Dubai, I wanted to connect with some Doha-based food bloggers, as we are looking to expand there imminently. Could you please get in touch with the editor on sudeshna@cpidubai.com?
Look forward to hearing from you,
thanks